Tuesday, April 8, 2008

IN PREPARATION

What a stupid title for a blog, but I couldn't think of anything else! Just a few things to bring up and then it's off to work I go.


Went to my first physical therapy session last Thursday. Turns out that my shoulder blades are pulled away from my spine too far. I know that this sounds kind of freaky, but that's what Emily said. She also told me that I need to learn to relax! I thought to myself, yeah, that'll happen, but I really have been trying. I go back again today at 3:00 and she is going to give me something to wear called a yoga belt. Evidently it will make me stand straighter and hopefully pull my shoulder blades back to where they need to be. At least this is the way that I understand it. She did some weird pressure point thing on my head, back and stomach, and since then I have been able to turn my head and look up at the sky, so this is a plus. I am still having problems raising my arms though. That is really a trouble spot for me, since right now, at work, the particular job that I am doing entails raising my arms all day long. I just love being short handed at work! Yesterday was awful and very painful! I even took my muscle relaxers all day and tried to relax, but, by the time that I got home I thought that I was surely going to parish! Edwin found me a huge ice pack, and I spent most of the evening on the couch. It did help a little bit, but, it doesn't feel like it's going to be such a good day.


Next, I need to BRAG on my GRANDSON! I am telling you that everyone thinks that they have beautiful grandchildren, but I have the most beautiful, cute, smartest grandson ever! Wesley spent Saturday night with us. When he arrived he came marching in just like he always does. It was so awesome just to have his presence and know that he was somewhere close. I asked him if he was going to sleep by Oma and he told me yes, but then when I got up in the morning Edwin was laying by my side and Wesley was racked out on the couch! When he woke up I asked him what happened. He said that Opa was laying by me. I told him he should have left Opa on the couch and laid by Oma. He informed me that he couldn't do that to Opa! How cute is that? On Thursday night we will have Bailey and Will come to stay the night with us. I told Wesley's dad that if he wanted to spend one more night with him he could bring Wesley back on Friday morning, but he may end up bringing him Thursday night also. Friday night, we will have all 3 grandbabies all night! Should be quite a circus around here. I hope that we aren't too old to keep them entertained. I know that we won't have a problem with them entertaining us though. I plan on making a video of Will reciting the "Stinky Cheese Man" if he's not too shy to do it. I am going to try and french braid Bailey's hair, or play beauty shop for a while, if she will let me! Actually, all three grandbabies are quite beautiful! Since they have moved to South Carolina I have missed them so much and it will be nice to spend some quality time with all of them, even though the time will be short.


Only 22 more days until I leave for Idaho. Mother has informed me that I will be working for her! Oh, goodness! I wonder what she has planned. Probably changing a light bulb or something like that! I hope it is that simple. I am so nervous and excited!


WORD OF THE DAY

VEXATIOUS
/vɛkˈseɪʃəs/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[vek-sey-shuhs] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective
1.
causing vexation; troublesome; annoying: a vexatious situation.
2.
Law. (of legal actions) instituted without sufficient grounds and serving only to cause annoyance to the defendant.
3.
disorderly; confused; troubled.


PATIENCE PICTURE

Me and Wesley being silly!



5 comments:

Samantha said...

He is such a doll! What a great picture of the 2 of you and how lucky for him (and all of them) to get to spend time with you!! Can't wait to see you! Love you!

Lyn said...

Love the picture!! Can't believe how much he has grown. They do grow too fast! Know how it is to not see the grandbabies very often. It just makes it more special when we do get to see them and spend quality time with them. Hope you feel better and can't wait to see you!

Patience-please said...

I couldn't believe how BIG Wesley is already. And what a sweetheart!

Carbonara Clan said...

I have to say your right that Wesley is the best thing ever on this earth!!!!!!

Sybil Ann(Armstrong)Cox said...

Don't worry about changing light bulbs, that's Tom's job.