Friday, December 14, 2007

WORD OF THE DAY

I have decided to start myself a "word of the the day" or "blog-word" of the day. I think that what I will do is when I post I will pick a word and give the definition. The word will have something to do with how my day went the previous day. I will not blog on about it, well, maybe sometimes, but I may also find new words to use and expand my knowledge a little bit. I have always been a little bit of a word freak though. I have loved to read since I was a child, I love crossword puzzles, word games and stuff like that. If I hear a word that is unfamiliar to me I usually try to look up the definition so that I can expand my vocabulary. Words are fascinating! Could you imagine a world if we didn't have words? The world would be dull and boring. Our faces would be all contorted and such from trying to communicate without using words, therefore there might be some rather ugly people in this world. There is always sign language, but to sign you have to have letters, which make up words, but I just want you to try and imagine a world WITHOUT words.
OK, so here's the word of the day! The word is INGRATE! Yes, INGRATE!
in·grate /ˈɪngreɪt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[in-greyt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1.
an ungrateful person. –adjective
2.
Archaic. ungrateful.

I won't say really how my day went yesterday, but, ingrates really puzzle me. I am thankful for everything that I have, and everything that I choose to do without having limitations posed upon me. I don't want something for nothing and never have.
I know this doesn't make much sense, but it's early and I need to get myself in the "work" frame of mind.

1 comment:

Patience-please said...

Oh Valerie, you are a GEM!!! Now you can never give up blogging. I am addicted. You are so talented! Your cooking, baking, photography (when are we going to see a sample here, by the way?) and now we find out you can write!!!
Blog on-
Patience