Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Gift


Last night I made a gift for a young friend of mine. A couple of weeks ago I took her and another friend of mine to the art galleries for Second Saturday. That's when the galleries stay open a little bit later to allow more folks to come and peruse their wares and such. She was so impressed. She's a very creative person and loves art and music, and she really enjoyed herself on top of that. So, I tried to put my creative mind to work and made a montage out of a couple of slides that I did during photography class. (Thanks to Beverly!) I didn't get to watch TV, or scratch my husbands back, but I feel that the time that I spent working on it gave me a good feeling. I will put it in a frame that I bought at Michael's and hope that she likes the outcome.




WORD OF THE DAY!


sub·lime /səˈblaɪm/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[suh-blahym] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation adjective, noun, verb, -limed, -lim·ing.
–adjective
1.
elevated or lofty in thought, language, etc.: Paradise Lost is sublime poetry.
2.
impressing the mind with a sense of grandeur or power; inspiring awe, veneration, etc.: Switzerland has sublime scenery.
3.
supreme or outstanding: a sublime dinner.
4.
complete; absolute; utter: sublime stupidity.
5.
Archaic.




Simple word for the day!

2 comments:

Patience-please said...

That photographic montage is SUBLIME!!! You just keep on amazing me.

Patience

alliehoopes said...

Ahhhhh.....I see :) Looks like you could do neat things with that. Even more in Photoshop than with slides. I'll try to put something together.