Thursday, December 20, 2007

I REALLY HATE CHRISTMAS SWEATERS


It's been a hell week so far at work. I really mean what I said in the post title. Now don't get me wrong, I love Santa and all that jazz, in fact I have renamed my living room, front room, or whatever that room is with the Christmas tree in it "Santa Hell" because of the collection of Santas that I have amassed. But, I just don't understand the point of having a sweater that you can only wear once a year for about a month. Don't get me wrong, I love clothes and am a shoe freak, but those things are really getting on my nerves. I have seen so many of those things this week that I think I am going to puke. I have seen them with little tiny Christmas lights on them, jingle bells on them, an actual Santa beard on them, sequins, glitter, you name it. Yeah, I know, I was trying to get back in the Christmas spirit, but these things are absolutely ridiculous! Maybe I shouldn't be so anal about it because it is Christmas, or maybe I'm just tired. Maybe I should change my attitude and think of it like the "little black dress" saying. You know the one that goes "every woman should have a little black dress", and say "every one needs a Christmas sweater", well, I don't need one and don't want one, but I do have a little black dress, and it's not so little. I prefer red anyway.


So much for my ranting, on a lighter note, in less than 24 hours my GRANDBABIES will be here! I am so excited to see them! We will do our family Christmas on Sunday and they will head home to South Carolina! It just won't be the same without them here for Christmas Eve and Christmas day. Won't be the same without Megan and John here either.


Picture is from Christmas last year. Sorry about the red eye!


WORD OF THE DAY! SOLICITOUS


so·lic·i·tous /səˈlɪsɪtəs/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[suh-lis-i-tuhs] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective
1.
anxious or concerned (usually fol. by about, for, etc., or a clause): solicitous about a person's health.
2.
anxiously desirous: solicitous of the esteem of others.
3.
eager (usually fol. by an infinitive): He was always solicitous to please.
4.
careful or particular: a solicitous housekeeper

3 comments:

Patience-please said...

I don't own a Christmas sweater! Aren't you proud of me?
I know you'll be so happy to see the kids; that will get you all the way through Christmas.

Patience

Mary Thorsby said...

I hate Christmas sweaters, too! By the way, if you all would like us to include this blog in our blog directory, iblogpaducah.com, please email me at mary@ ilistpaducah.com. It's free. And thanks for including a link to ilistpaducah.com! Best, Mary

Anonymous said...

devised worthy sentrumno originate tooh responds dramatic firewall orientations mirrored fundamental
lolikneri havaqatsu